- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
\”High Risk OB\” Continues to look at common risk factors during pregnancy. Here, two other women with other co-morbidities, including obesity, hypertension, young maternal age, and substance abuse are described.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.
The High-Risk Fetus$369.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Labor and Delivery$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Caring for the Postpartum Patient$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
The High-Risk Mother: Part 1$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Caring for the OB Patient: Complications of Pregnancy$299.00
Caring For The Obstetrical Patient Series
The series is designed so that each program is focused on one specific aspect of obstetrical nursing. The full series provides a comprehensive introduction to maternity nursing for the new learner, while individual programs provide reinforcement of learning as needed. The series includes information on complications of pregnancy, fetal monitoring, assisted delivery, and C-section.