- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
\”High Risk OB\” Continues to look at common risk factors during pregnancy. Here, two other women with other co-morbidities, including obesity, hypertension, young maternal age, and substance abuse are described.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Caring for the OB Patient: Newborn Stabilization and Care$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
The High-Risk Series
For many women, pregnancy is an uncomplicated nine months during which time they eagerly anticipate the birth of their baby; however, for some women, it can be a challenge.
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Caring For The Obstetrical Patient Series
The series is designed so that each program is focused on one specific aspect of obstetrical nursing. The full series provides a comprehensive introduction to maternity nursing for the new learner, while individual programs provide reinforcement of learning as needed. The series includes information on complications of pregnancy, fetal monitoring, assisted delivery, and C-section.
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 2$369.00
Pregnancy & Smoking$119.00