- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Pregnancy is a joyous time; however, for some women, it can be nine months when their health and well-being are in jeopardy. \”High Risk OB\” will look at two women who have at least one pre-existing Condition including older maternal age, infertility, multiple fetuses, and diabetes, that makes their pregnancies high-risk. Information about each pathology is explored and its impact on the pregnancy is explained.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
The High-Risk Series
For many women, pregnancy is an uncomplicated nine months during which time they eagerly anticipate the birth of their baby; however, for some women, it can be a challenge.
Caring for the OB Patient: Newborn Stabilization and Care$299.00
Pregnancy & Smoking$119.00
The High-Risk Fetus$369.00
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Labor and Delivery$299.00