- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Pregnancy is a joyous time; however, for some women, it can be nine months when their health and well-being are in jeopardy. \”High Risk OB\” will look at two women who have at least one pre-existing Condition including older maternal age, infertility, multiple fetuses, and diabetes, that makes their pregnancies high-risk. Information about each pathology is explored and its impact on the pregnancy is explained.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The High-Risk Fetus$369.00
The High-Risk Series
For many women, pregnancy is an uncomplicated nine months during which time they eagerly anticipate the birth of their baby; however, for some women, it can be a challenge.
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Caring for the OB Patient: Electronic Fetal Monitoring$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Assisted Delivery and Cesarean Section$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Caring for the OB Patient: Newborn Stabilization and Care$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.