- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Continues with the assessment process introduced in Parts 1 and 2, focusing on the D, E, and F – disability, exposure, and family – portions of the A-B-C algorithm. Case Studies are used here as well to explain and illustrate the material and engage the learner. At the end of the program, a summary of both parts 1 and 2 is presented.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Mental Health Issues in the Acute Care Setting: Recognition and Assessment$369.00
Cancer as a Family Diagnosis: Nursing Assessment: Coping with the Challenge of Treatment$369.00
Anti-Infective Medication Therapy: Assessment of an Infection$279.00
Pain Management: Patient Assessment
1. State the purpose for the sensation of acute pain.
2. Differentiate between nociceptive and neuropathic pain.
Cultural Competence: Assessment Challenges in a Multicultural Environment$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Chemotherapy Administration: Pre-Treatment Assessment and Administration Routes$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.