- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This program presents the first part of the assessment process: the rapid observation, where each of the three phases is described. Next, components of a brief history are discussed. And finally, A – Airway, of the A-B-C algorithm is explained and illustrated through a number of patient scenarios, which are presented in a manner that encourages active learner participation.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Cardiovascular: Neck Vessels and Heart$599.00
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Nose, Mouth, and Neck$599.00
Pain Management: Patient Assessment
1. State the purpose for the sensation of acute pain.
2. Differentiate between nociceptive and neuropathic pain.
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer: Part 1$369.00
Rapid Assessment of the Ill or Injured Child – Part 3$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Assessment of the Newborn: Gestational Age and Newborn Reflexes$299.00