- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Care of the Hospitalized Child, focuses on involving family caregivers, promoting growth and development, safety, pain management, and medication in the hospital setting.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer Care Series$679.00
Infection in the Elderly: Part 2 – Prevention and Assessment$369.00
Mental Health Issues in the Acute Care Setting: Recognition and Assessment$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer: Part 2$369.00
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer: Part 1$369.00
Procedural Sedation: Patient Assessment and Monitoring$279.00
Rapid Assessment of the Ill or Injured Child – Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.