- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Looks at the impact of mental health disorders on the individuals ability to provide self-care, on those providing care, and on the economy worldwide. The Concepts of stereotype and prejudice as related to mental health are discussed. Concerns and fears related to caring for mental health patients in the acute Medical setting are identified and discussed. Steps in the assessment process to assist the health care worker in discovering the presence of mental health disorders are outlined.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Cultural Competence: Assessment Challenges in a Multicultural Environment$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Rapid Assessment of the Ill or Injured Child – Part 1$369.00
Cancer as a Family Diagnosis: Nursing Assessment: Coping with the Challenge of Treatment$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Procedural Sedation: Patient Assessment and Monitoring$279.00
Anti-Infective Medication Therapy: Assessment of an Infection$279.00