- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This program identifies specific pre-treatment assessment parameters for patients receiving chemotherapy and describes the rationale for the various routes by which chemotherapy can be administered.
Title is part of: Chemotherapy Administration for the Oncology Nurse Series
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Pain Management: Patient Assessment
1. State the purpose for the sensation of acute pain.
2. Differentiate between nociceptive and neuropathic pain.
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Female Genitalia, Anus, and Rectum$599.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Cardiovascular: Peripheral Vascular System$599.00
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Thorax and Lungs$599.00
Mental Health Issues in the Acute Care Setting: Recognition and Assessment$369.00
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer: Part 1$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.