- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
1. Describe the series of physiologic events known to occur as a woman goes into labor.
2. List factors which can affect the duration of labor.
3. Name the four stages of labor.
4. Differentiate between latent, active, and transition during the first stage of labor.
5. Discuss the role of the nurse during each of the stages of labor.
6. Differentiate between closed and open glottis breathing when pushing.
7. Discuss the advantage of an upright position during active labor and alternative positions when this is not possible.
8. Describe maternal positioning during the actual birth.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Caring for the OB Patient: Caring for the Antepartum Patient
1. Define viability, pre-term, term, and post-term as related to the fetus.
2. Describe the affects of pregnancy on the mother’s physiology from conception to term.
Assessment of the Newborn: Gestational Age and Newborn Reflexes$299.00
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 1$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
The High-Risk Mother: Part 1$369.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Caring for the Postpartum Patient$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.
Caring for the OB Patient: Newborn Stabilization and Care$299.00