- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
1. Describe the series of physiologic events known to occur as a woman goes into labor.
2. List factors which can affect the duration of labor.
3. Name the four stages of labor.
4. Differentiate between latent, active, and transition during the first stage of labor.
5. Discuss the role of the nurse during each of the stages of labor.
6. Differentiate between closed and open glottis breathing when pushing.
7. Discuss the advantage of an upright position during active labor and alternative positions when this is not possible.
8. Describe maternal positioning during the actual birth.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Gestational Age and Newborn Reflexes$299.00
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 1$369.00
Caring For The Obstetrical Patient Series
The series is designed so that each program is focused on one specific aspect of obstetrical nursing. The full series provides a comprehensive introduction to maternity nursing for the new learner, while individual programs provide reinforcement of learning as needed. The series includes information on complications of pregnancy, fetal monitoring, assisted delivery, and C-section.
The High-Risk Series
For many women, pregnancy is an uncomplicated nine months during which time they eagerly anticipate the birth of their baby; however, for some women, it can be a challenge.
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Caring for the OB Patient: Pain Control$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Assisted Delivery and Cesarean Section$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
The High-Risk Mother: Part 2$369.00