- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
1. Differentiate between the use of forceps and vacuum extraction.
2. Discuss the potential complications of forceps delivery.
3. Discuss the potential complications of vacuum extraction.
4. Define dystocia and describe two maneuvers utilized to overcome this complication.
5. Discuss reasons a cesarean delivery may become necessary.
6. List the team members who should be present for a cesarean delivery.
7. Describe the actions of the nurse in preparing a patient for cesarean delivery.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Caring for the OB Patient: Labor and Delivery$299.00
Pregnancy & Smoking$119.00
Caring For The Obstetrical Patient Series
The series is designed so that each program is focused on one specific aspect of obstetrical nursing. The full series provides a comprehensive introduction to maternity nursing for the new learner, while individual programs provide reinforcement of learning as needed. The series includes information on complications of pregnancy, fetal monitoring, assisted delivery, and C-section.
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Newborn Stabilization and Care$299.00