- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
1. Differentiate between the use of forceps and vacuum extraction.
2. Discuss the potential complications of forceps delivery.
3. Discuss the potential complications of vacuum extraction.
4. Define dystocia and describe two maneuvers utilized to overcome this complication.
5. Discuss reasons a cesarean delivery may become necessary.
6. List the team members who should be present for a cesarean delivery.
7. Describe the actions of the nurse in preparing a patient for cesarean delivery.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Caring for the OB Patient: Pain Control$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Caring For The Obstetrical Patient Series
The series is designed so that each program is focused on one specific aspect of obstetrical nursing. The full series provides a comprehensive introduction to maternity nursing for the new learner, while individual programs provide reinforcement of learning as needed. The series includes information on complications of pregnancy, fetal monitoring, assisted delivery, and C-section.
The High-Risk Fetus$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
The High-Risk: Labor and Delivery: Part 1$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Gestational Age and Newborn Reflexes$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Electronic Fetal Monitoring$299.00