- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
1. Differentiate between the use of forceps and vacuum extraction.
2. Discuss the potential complications of forceps delivery.
3. Discuss the potential complications of vacuum extraction.
4. Define dystocia and describe two maneuvers utilized to overcome this complication.
5. Discuss reasons a cesarean delivery may become necessary.
6. List the team members who should be present for a cesarean delivery.
7. Describe the actions of the nurse in preparing a patient for cesarean delivery.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
The High-Risk Mother: Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
The High-Risk Mother: Part 1$369.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Pain Control$299.00
Caring For The Obstetrical Patient Series
The series is designed so that each program is focused on one specific aspect of obstetrical nursing. The full series provides a comprehensive introduction to maternity nursing for the new learner, while individual programs provide reinforcement of learning as needed. The series includes information on complications of pregnancy, fetal monitoring, assisted delivery, and C-section.
Caring for the OB Patient: Newborn Stabilization and Care$299.00
The High-Risk Series
For many women, pregnancy is an uncomplicated nine months during which time they eagerly anticipate the birth of their baby; however, for some women, it can be a challenge.
The High-Risk Fetus$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.