- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
1. Give the ages at which the New Ballard Gestational Age assessment is performed.
2. List the steps in the Neuromuscular Maturity portion of the Ballard exam.
3. Describe the seven parameters observed in the Physical 5. Maturity portion of the Ballard exam.
5. Name and describe 13 newborn reflexes.
This program is a part of the Assessment of the Newborn Series
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer Care Series$679.00
Procedural Sedation: Patient Assessment and Monitoring$279.00
Cultural Competence: Assessment Challenges in a Multicultural Environment$369.00
Rapid Assessment of the Ill or Injured Child – Part 1$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Rapid Assessment of the Ill or Injured Child – Part 2$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Anti-Infective Medication Therapy: Assessment of an Infection$279.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Cancer as a Family Diagnosis: Nursing Assessment: Coping with the Challenge of Treatment$369.00