- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This program addresses the common causes of operative infection and its sources within the surgical suite. The chain of infection model is used to describe how aseptic techniques work to prevent infection. The seven standards and recommended principles from the Association of peri-Operative Registered Nurses and the six recommendations on creating the sterile field from the Association of Surgical Technologists are featured. Information is reinforced with actual OR footage and clear graphics.
1. Name the most common source of organisms causing operative infection as well as the other sources of infection within the surgical suite.
2. List the links in the chain of infection.
3. Describe ways in which the sterile field breaks the chain of infection.
4. Delineate the members of the surgical team and their specific areas of responsibility.
5. Give the seven standards and recommended principles related to surgical asepsis from the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
6. List the six recommended standards of practice for creating the sterile field from the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST).
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.