- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
1. Describe ways in which a nurse’s grooming and attire can reduce the spread of infection in the clinical setting.
2. Perform effective hand hygiene using both soap and hand gel.
3. Define standard precautions.
4. List the types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that can be utilized and identify specific situations when each is to be worn.
5. Discuss ways to ensure that equipment used at the bedside does not spread infection through cross contamination.
6. State how a nurse can verify that both reusable and disposable supplies are sterile.
7. Explain methods to clean a patient room using standard precautions.
8. Cite how to dispose of biohazard waste.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Anatomy: The Reproductive System
This program describes the anatomy and physiology of the male and female reproductive systems using art and animation.
Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR Series
This four-part series provides a comprehensive overview of aseptic technique in the Operating Room. It includes a clear explanation of the chain of infection and how asepsis can prevent operative infections.
The Anatomy Series
This series provides a comprehensive overview of human anatomy. Each of the ten programs focuses on one body system and includes brief descriptions of how on each system interacts with or impacts others.
Pharmacology and the Healthcare Process$299.00
Anatomy: The Digestive System
The Digestive System begins with a review of the anatomy of the alimentary canal. It then describes how food is converted into a form that can be used by the body for energy and tissue building. Still art and animation are used to enhance the information.
Anatomy: The Nervous System
This program begins by describing organs of the nervous systems and their role in the transmission of nerve impulses.
Aseptic Nursing Technique at the Bedside: Transmission of Infection
The Joint Commission has mandated that hospitals monitor the rates of infection in their facilities and have steps in place to reduce its occurrence.
Anatomy: The Circulatory System
This program provides an overview of the circulatory system. It describes how each of its components – including the blood, heart, vasculature, and lymph vessels
Pharmacokinetics: What the Body Does to a Drug$299.00
Caring for Individuals with Special Needs: Visual Impairments
The focus of program two is individuals with varying levels of visual impairment, including the blind. There is an overview of eye anatomy and function supplemented with graphics.