- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
1. Describe ways in which a nurse’s grooming and attire can reduce the spread of infection in the clinical setting.
2. Perform effective hand hygiene using both soap and hand gel.
3. Define standard precautions.
4. List the types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that can be utilized and identify specific situations when each is to be worn.
5. Discuss ways to ensure that equipment used at the bedside does not spread infection through cross contamination.
6. State how a nurse can verify that both reusable and disposable supplies are sterile.
7. Explain methods to clean a patient room using standard precautions.
8. Cite how to dispose of biohazard waste.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Anatomy: The Respiratory System
This program provides a description of the respiratory system, including the anatomy and physiology of the upper and lower airways
Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Creating and Maintaining a Sterile Field
The final program in this series focuses on the creation and maintenance of the sterile field. It begins by discussing the criteria for the materials in surgical drapes and the various configurations of these drapes.
Anatomy: The Integumentary System
This program provides a creative and engaging description of the integumentary system
Anatomy: The Digestive System
The Digestive System begins with a review of the anatomy of the alimentary canal. It then describes how food is converted into a form that can be used by the body for energy and tissue building. Still art and animation are used to enhance the information.
Principles of Pharmacology$299.00
Anatomy: The Muscular System
This program describes skeletal, smooth, and cardiac muscles, discussing their structures and functions as well as pathological conditions exclusive to each.
Anatomy: The Circulatory System
This program provides an overview of the circulatory system. It describes how each of its components – including the blood, heart, vasculature, and lymph vessels
Caring for Individuals with Special Needs: Visual Impairments
The focus of program two is individuals with varying levels of visual impairment, including the blind. There is an overview of eye anatomy and function supplemented with graphics.
Anatomy: The Endocrine System
This program discusses various aspects of the endocrine system including the pituitary gland, the hypothalamus, the pineal gland, the thyroid gland.
Aseptic Nursing Technique at the Bedside Series
This four-part program provides a comprehensive overview of aseptic technique on the patient care unit. It includes a clear explanation of the chain of infection and how asepsis breaks links in this chain.