- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
1. Differentiate between bacteria, viruses, yeasts and fungi.
2. Define “aerobic” and “anaerobic,” “Gram negative” and “Gram positive.”
3, Explain the roles of exogenous and endogenous microorganisms in the disease process.
4. List five factors that can make an individual more likely to develop an infection.
5. Discuss the role of white blood cells in combating infection.
6. List five body substances that can be cultured.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Infection in the Elderly: Part 2 – Prevention and Assessment$369.00
Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Mental Health Issues in the Acute Care Setting: Recognition and Assessment$369.00
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Breasts and Axillae$599.00
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination: Abdomen$599.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Procedural Sedation: Patient Assessment and Monitoring$279.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Cultural Competence: Assessment Challenges in a Multicultural Environment$369.00
Managing Physical Assessments and Supportive Cancer Care Series$679.00