Assessment of the Newborn Series
This series provides a comprehensive introduction to care of the term newborn.
Assessment of the Newborn: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Cardiac Anomalies
1. Describe the ways in which fetal circulation varies from that of the adult.
2. List the three types of respiratory retractions.
3. Differentiate between transient tachypnea of the newborn and respiratory distress syndrome.
4. List and describe the four categories of cardiac defects.
5. Name the eight most common cardiac congenital anomalies.
Assessment of the Newborn: Gestational Age and Newborn Reflexes$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: Head to Toe Assessment
1. State the two appropriate methods for taking the emperature of a neonate.
2. State the normal ranges of neonatal vital signs.
3. Give the reason for eye prophylaxis.
4. Discuss routine cord care
5. List the normal ranges for newborn weight, length, head and chest circumference.
6. Describe the proper way to measure the newborn.
7. List the steps in the head to toe external exam.
8. Discuss the process of newborn screening.
Assessment of the Newborn: Physical Anomalies and Neurologic Issues$299.00
Assessment of the Newborn: The First Ten Minutes
1. List the three primary roles of the placenta and umbilical cord during pregnancy.
2. Describe the role of surfactant in the lungs.
3. Discuss current understanding of the factors which foster the newborns first breath.
4. Delineate steps to be taken if there is meconium in the amniotic fluid.
5. Discuss the four routes of heat loss and the role of brown fat.
6. List seven factors which increase a newborn’s susceptibility to cold stress.
7. Explain the parameters of the APGAR score.
Caring for the OB Patient: Assisted Delivery and Cesarean Section$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Caring for the Antepartum Patient
1. Define viability, pre-term, term, and post-term as related to the fetus.
2. Describe the affects of pregnancy on the mother’s physiology from conception to term.
Caring for the OB Patient: Caring for the Postpartum Patient$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Complications of Pregnancy$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Electronic Fetal Monitoring$299.00
Caring for the OB Patient: Labor and Delivery$299.00